Design & Tooling
DESIGN AND TOOLING
The Barbour Plastics' engineering team uses the latest, state of the art CAD equipment, including AutoDesk Inventor to arrive at an efficient, cost effective design quickly. Once an optimal design has been realized and approved by our customer, our state of the art CNC milling equipment and our EDM cutting tools take over to produce precision tooling capable of achieving the close tolerances that you need. The fact that all of our tooling is produced in-house means faster turnaround time and lower tooling costs.
- Twenty extrusion lines ranging in size from 2 ½" to 4 ½", both single and conical twin-screw designs. This flexibility assures that your job will always run on the highest capacity line possible resulting in lower costs. We can handle flexibles up to 8" wide and rigid extrusions up to 12" wide.
- Cross Head Extrusion.
- Dual Durometer/ Co-extrusions: Many times the engineering requirement is best served with an extrusion having more than one material or color within the same extruded shape. Barbour Plastics can make up to a tri-extrusion comprised of different materials or colors, including cap-stocking.
- In line capabilities: Punching, notching, drilling & countersinking, sanding, staining & painting, printing, Mylar foil decorating; cut to any length you desire.
- Off-line Capabilities: Drilling & countersinking, fabrication, ultrasonic welding.
- Numerous standard colors.
-- Rigid PVC
-- Flexible PVC- all durometers ranges
-- Polyethylene (LDPE, HPPE, LLDPE)
- Store fixture/ POP
- Shoe manufacturing
- Oil drilling
- Commercial refrigeration
- Environmental testing
- Sporting Goods
- Office furniture